Rascal Flatts - Live and Loud Concert at Jones Beach, NY



I feel so lucky that I happen to live a 1/2 hour or so from one of the most gorgeous beaches in the world...Jones Beach. I couldn't wait to get there this year having gone shortly after Super Storm Sandy wreaked havoc on the beach and its famous boardwalk. I was ecstatic to see that everything has been put back together again. The boardwalk has been repaired, the parking lots are free of debris and the concessions are up and running again. And my favorite Field 6 is back in business...YAY!

The famous Jones Beach boardwalk.
The sand is like powder.
Okay, so that's my little spiel about how much I love and care about Jones Beach. We also share the same birthday, August 4th...ha, ha. So, last week on May 30th I drove down to my favorite Field 6, as I mentioned above, and the minute I got out of my car I heard a band rehearsing across Ocean Parkway at the Amphitheater. They sounded fantastic! After a bit of investigating I found out it was the Rascal Flatts' band. They were playing the following evening on May 31st the reopening of the Amphitheater which also had extensive damage after Sandy. Lucky for me there were tickets still available and they were pretty good seats too.


The Amphitheater at Jones Beach, Long Island, NY.

The show opened with Cassadee Pope who was last year's winner on The Voice - Team Blake. She's young, pretty and high energy but on top of that has amazing vocals. She performed some original material as well as "Over You" a song by Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert. She claimed on stage that 'this song was probably the reason she won The Voice.' She's an artist to watch. Next up was The Band Perry. Talk about energy! The 3 Perry siblings, especially lead singer Kimberly, had everyone standing and dancing in their seats. Of course their major hit, "If I Die Young" brought the house down. Loved, loved, loved them and will go see them again. The final act and headliner Rascal Flatts was the real deal. Gary LeVox's voice was crystal clear in every song and the set was amazing opening with "Life is a Highway". I know for sure they're playing at SPAC in Saratoga Springs, NY on Father's Day and if I didn't have plans I would make the trip to go see them again.



The Band Perry
Rascal Flatts

Comments