Philosophy for Life

I believe that when it comes to taking care of your skin you can never start early enough; it's something I've done since I was a teen. About 4 years ago, I was visiting an older friend of mine in Florida and we started talking beauty products. This lady is absolutely beautiful, she has gorgeous skin and was about 70 years old or so at that time. She asked me if I had ever tried any of the Philosophy products which I hadn't. But if I could have skin like hers at 70 what did I have to lose? Her daughter researched and reviewed products for a living and Philosophy came in at the top. It also turns out that the brand's Hope in a Jar moisturizing cream is one of Oprah's favorites...she's been using it for many years.

So when I returned to my home in New York, I decided to do my own research online. Just about everyone using this brand gave glowing reviews. I decided to purchase their Purity Made Simple facial cleanser and give it a try. I have fairly sensitive skin and know right away if a product doesn't agree with it. This creamy cleanser is so gentle and leaves your face feeling squeaky clean but not dry. So far so good. I then decided to try their Miracle Worker Anti-Aging kit...love the name...great marketing. The kit includes a bottle of Retinoid Solution which you pour over a jar of round pads, anti-aging night cream as well as an anti-aging concentrate. Needless to say, I have been using all of the above for the last four years and swear by them. Although a bit pricey you can usually find discounts online like at spalook.com or go straight to philosophy.com to make your purchase.

I could go on and on about Philosophy and their range of products. Their shower gels which also duplicate as shampoos are wonderful and there are many, many scents to choose from. I love the clean fragrance of Pure Grace and the classic scent of Amazing Grace. Their exfoliating body scrub as well as sun protection creams are also amazing. I used to use Bi-Facil eye makeup remover by Lancome but find Just Release Me just as good if not better. I have several sun damage spots on my face and have been using the Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector cream with great results. .Pictured above are just some of the products in my inventory. As the title of this post implies, for me it's Philosophy for life

Comments